5 points on Adaptability showing Cousin

Discussions of the Canadian immigration process, requirements, timelines and issues.

5 points on Adaptability showing Cousin

Postby nikpanov » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:48 am

I have got my cousin living in Toronto as a Permanent Residence. Can I claim her as my family and get 5 points for Adaptability. In the Self-Assessment test and IMM5612E form; it only lists "parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild, spouse or common-law partner" as family.

Moreover, I am getting 22 points in Self-Assessment test for the option "Obtained two or more university degrees at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies". I am currently persuing my Masters degree, and have completed 1st year of study. Is there any provision for me to show my current enrollment in Masters program; and claim for extra points beyond 22.

If I could not score 5 points for Adaptability, showing my relationship to my cousin, I will have only 65 points. Can I still apply by claiming that I am enrolled in Masters Program and will complete it next year.
nikpanov
Beginner

Return to General Immigration Forum