Chances under Express Entry for an IT Pro from India

Discussions of the Canadian immigration process, requirements, timelines and issues.

Chances under Express Entry for an IT Pro from India

Postby amrit » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi!
I am researching the CAN immigration option through Express Entry. I am a Computer Engineer from India with around 10 years IT experience out of which 3 years in USA. My skills revolve around the Oil and Gas tools.

What are my chances to qualify? And what is an approximate timeline for the process?

Will I cut it or there ( And I know there are 500 million IT workers applying for it already)
amrit
Beginner

Re: Chances under Express Entry for an IT Pro from India

Postby amrit » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:05 pm

I used the express entry tool in this site and it showed me 416. But it will be likely lesser than that . So assume 375-400. But good workex though.
amrit
Beginner

Re: Chances under Express Entry for an IT Pro from India

Postby Mira » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:08 pm

In that case your chances are unfortunately low. As of now, you need to be scoring 450+ to have a chance of being able to immigrate through Express Entry / Federal Skilled Worker. You need above 400 to be considered for the Ontario Nominee program (although they have stopped issuing nominations for the time being). It's possible you may qualify under a different province with the score you have - or maybe not. You'll have to spend time researching these programs and their requirements. :oops:
Mira
Beginner

Return to General Immigration Forum