jobs in Canada

Learn useful tips and share sources for the Canadian Newcomers.

jobs in Canada

Postby Shridhaar » Sat May 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi all,

My name is Shridhaar from India. I am a Software Engineer/ Designer with more than 10 years of experience and currently working as Associate Manager in Accenture India. I have been to Manchester UK, Johannes berg SA, Stockholm Sweden through company through Accenture. I am interested to migrate to Canada as I like this beautiful country and culture. Please advice me on applying and getting jobs in Canada and how much fees overall incurred to settle and get the visa and job?
Shridhaar

Re: jobs in Canada

Postby Amihan » Sat May 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi, I came form the Philippines. I just arrived in Canada last November 2014. Honestly, I was really upset and frustrated during my first three (3) months of stay because it was really hard to find a job. Just like others I felt hopeless. But, if you want something to happen you need to do something. Fortunately, I recently got my job as Continuing Care Assistant.

Still, I want to obtain my license to practice in Canada as Medical Laboratory Technologist. I’m planning to have my Prior Learning Assessment within this year with Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS). I know and I heard that there are lots of things to do. I’m just taking chances if there are Internationally Trained MLT who had been through in this process. If you can give me some advice/guidance I will highly appreciate it.
Amihan

Return to For Newcomers to Canada