Medical insurance for pregnant visitor

Discussions include Visitors to Canada/Super Visa Medical Emergency Insurance, Canadian Health & Dental Insurance, International Student Insurance, International Experience Canada (IEC) Insurance and more.

Medical insurance for pregnant visitor

Postby Esther » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello! I have a question about the insurance that covers pregnancy. I've been in contact with couple insurance companies but for visitors they don't provide any pregnancy benefits. Do you think all companies in Canada don't have that option? I'll be in Canada only for couple months but I want to be sure i'm safe during that period.

Thank you in advance!
Esther

Re: Medical insurance for pregnant visitor

Postby Esther » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 am

Esther wrote:Hello! I have a question about the insurance that covers pregnancy. I've been in contact with couple insurance companies but for visitors they don't provide any pregnancy benefits. Do you think all companies in Canada don't have that option? I'll be in Canada only for couple months but I want to be sure i'm safe during that period.

Thank you in advance!

Hello Esther!

You are right, not that many companies provide pregnancy benefits for visitors. In fact, none of them will provide regular checkups or delivery. But some will cover complications that might arise during the pregnancy. For example, things like bleeding, Abdominal pain, Miscarriage and Premature birth will be covered. However, pregnancy complications coverage is only available up to the 31st week of a pregnancy period. On this website you will find more information about pregnancy coverage and can find the quote and buy it online.

Hope that helps!

Last bumped by Nicks on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 am.
Esther

Return to Medical Insurance in Canada