Need an insurance (option for extension)

Discussions include Visitors to Canada/Super Visa Medical Emergency Insurance, Canadian Health & Dental Insurance, International Student Insurance, International Experience Canada (IEC) Insurance and more.

Need an insurance (option for extension)

Postby Catherine » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi

Just received my Canadian visa so I'm planning to visit Vancouver during July. Looking for an insurance with an option to extend the plan if needed. I'm still not sure if I stay there for just a month or longer. And I heard that not all the insurance companies will let me extend the policy. If someone here can tell me about options that I have, that would be great! Thank you!
Catherine

Re: Need an insurance (option for extension)

Postby MadMan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Catherine wrote:Hi

Just received my Canadian visa so I'm planning to visit Vancouver during July. Looking for an insurance with an option to extend the plan if needed. I'm still not sure if I stay there for just a month or longer. And I heard that not all the insurance companies will let me extend the policy. If someone here can tell me about options that I have, that would be great! Thank you!

Hello Catherine!

Congratulations with your visa approval! As for the question regarding insurance, you are right, not all the companies provide you with an option to extend the policy. And those companies that offer this option, require a covered person to notify them in advance(before the policy expiry date) if they want to extend the coverage period. Also, in case you had a claim, there might be complications with extending the policy period. To be assisted with choosing the company with an option for extension, visit our website https://arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada/. Insurance search engine and online consultants will help you find the plan that suit your needs.

Enjoy your time in Canada! ;)
MadMan
Beginner

Postby Catherine » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Thank you, that was quite informative. Also, do you know what happens if I leave before my insurance expires? Will they give me a refund?
Catherine

Postby Local3000 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 am

Catherine wrote:Thank you, that was quite informative. Also, do you know what happens if I leave before my insurance expires? Will they give me a refund?

The refund policy varies from one company to another. The general rule is that when you leave the country, you get the refund for unused number of days. You will need to provide an evidence of departure (copy of Itinerary/Receipt or boarding pass). In case the were claims during your stay, you might get only partial refund of unused days. The rules on the partial refund are different throughout the companies. On our web site, you can find out more information about this subject.

Have a great one :D

Last bumped by Nicks on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 am.
Local3000

Return to Medical Insurance in Canada