Skiing covered?

Discussions include Visitors to Canada/Super Visa Medical Emergency Insurance, Canadian Health & Dental Insurance, International Student Insurance, International Experience Canada (IEC) Insurance and more.

Skiing covered?

Postby Antoine » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi all
I'm planning to come to Canada next winter for skiing season. I was wondering how things are going with that in terms of insurance? Is it covered or skiing will be some sort of exception? Want to know exactly because I've heard medicine in Canada can really hit your wallet.
Antoine

Re: Skiing covered?

Postby MadMan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 am

Good afternoon, Antoine!

Most of the Canadian Insurance companies cover sports activities. Although, it has to be of a non-extreme and non-competitive nature. While the list for non-extreme activities is quite long, skiing is definitely a part of it. As long as you don't go beyond the track of the skiing boundaries and you are not participating in any kind of tournament, you will be covered. It is also a good idea to specify this condition from the insurance company that you are planning to go with. To find out which company will cover it, visit this website and you'll be assisted!

Last bumped by Nicks on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 am.
MadMan
Beginner

Return to Medical Insurance in Canada