super visa medical insurance policy

Discussions include Visitors to Canada/Super Visa Medical Emergency Insurance, Canadian Health & Dental Insurance, International Student Insurance, International Experience Canada (IEC) Insurance and more.

super visa medical insurance policy

Postby mitchell » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:52 pm

I have a question regarding super visa medical insurance policy. Firstly, the premium is super expensive, but my question is: Most of the travel insurance policy I read state "travel medical emergencies". Also, they mention you should call them before seeking any medical advice or visiting a clinic (which I think is totally absurd). Now, if we visit out of Canada, or say my parents visit me with super visa, if we have minor sickness such as fever, pain, etc., do we pay out of the pocket or are these also covered. By what I read and understand is only accidents and extreme medical conditions are covered. Is there any policy which covers such things.
mitchell
Beginner

Re: super visa medical insurance policy

Postby soccerguy » Sun May 31, 2015 2:42 pm

mitchell wrote:I have a question regarding super visa medical insurance policy. Firstly, the premium is super expensive, but my question is: Most of the travel insurance policy I read state "travel medical emergencies". Also, they mention you should call them before seeking any medical advice or visiting a clinic (which I think is totally absurd). Now, if we visit out of Canada, or say my parents visit me with super visa, if we have minor sickness such as fever, pain, etc., do we pay out of the pocket or are these also covered. By what I read and understand is only accidents and extreme medical conditions are covered. Is there any policy which covers such things.

Things like fever and flu are covered by Super Visa Insurance as they are considered as medical emergencies.
soccerguy
Beginner

Return to Medical Insurance in Canada