Temporary Health Insurance

Discussions include Visitors to Canada/Super Visa Medical Emergency Insurance, Canadian Health & Dental Insurance, International Student Insurance, International Experience Canada (IEC) Insurance and more.

Temporary Health Insurance

Postby amrit » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi. I will be immigrating to Canada soon and I read that in Ontario I will need temporary health insurance since it takes 3 months before medicare will take effect. Does anyone have any suggestions on health insurance companies?
amrit
Beginner

Re: Temporary Health Insurance

Postby MadMan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:56 am

amrit wrote:Hi. I will be immigrating to Canada soon and I read that in Ontario I will need temporary health insurance since it takes 3 months before medicare will take effect. Does anyone have any suggestions on health insurance companies?

Hello amrit,

There is a wide range of companies that will provide you a 3 months coverage. The best thing for you is to take a look at the list of companies and their coverage benefits to see which plan will fit you best. I recommend using this on-line calculator that will compare the prices and benefits of different plans. Keep in mind that you can change the amount of coverage and deductible. The price of the plan is directly correlated by the changes in these amounts.

Hope that helped! 8-)
MadMan
Beginner

Re: Temporary Health Insurance

Postby TLrep1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

Hello amrit,

Travelance offers affordable and comprehensive plans for newcomers to Canada; the Visitors to Canada Essential and Premier plans. Both of these plans provide coverage for clients under the age of 84 years old. For more details and a comparison of both plans, visit http://supervisabestinsurance.com/trave ... insurance/ , or you can speak with a licensed advisor to help you choose the plan that best suits your needs.
TLrep1
Beginner

Return to Medical Insurance in Canada