Expenses Not Covered by Provincial Medical Plans

Discussions include Visitors to Canada/Super Visa Medical Emergency Insurance, Canadian Health & Dental Insurance, International Student Insurance, International Experience Canada (IEC) Insurance and more.

Expenses Not Covered by Provincial Medical Plans

Postby Steve » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:55 pm

Hello everyone, I am a new to Canada but already have a PR status along with provincial health insurance. Recently I've figured that the plan doesn't cover bunch of medical expenses such dental care, prescription drugs etc. In addition, I feel like the need to see a dentist approaches really fast. So I have couple questions to you folks: What are the approximations of those services or at least where I can check it up? Would it be beneficial to purchase supplemental health and dental coverage for such purposes? If yes, what company would you recommend? Any reasonable participation on the issue will be appreciated, Thanks! ;)
Steve

Re: Expenses Not Covered by Provincial Medical Plans

Postby marketarbetov » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi there,
Yes, you are right. The most provincial health insurances do not cover medical expenses you mentioned. However, we have a lot of private insurance companies that provide a good healthcare and dental care benefits. Sometimes it is really hard to find the right plan. I could recommend the website where you can find all necessary information and compare different plans. I hope it will help you to choose the good one for your needs. Check out this link https://arbetovinsurance.com/health-insurance-canada/
marketarbetov

Re: Expenses Not Covered by Provincial Medical Plans

Postby Steve » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks, but I would like to know the flip side of the deal, meaning if it really makes any sense from the economic perspective to buy a plan doing the sequence of payments or it would be much cheaper to pay for a couple of visits to a dentist... :?
Steve

Return to Medical Insurance in Canada